[horde] Horde and Gollem

prince prince at resoftcorp.com
Tue Jan 13 11:27:21 PST 2004

Hi All,

I have courier-imap and mysql installed. I have inserted (thru mysql command
line) two users in the  "passwd" table and am able to succesffully
authenticate the users to imap.

>From horde people can logon to the system. Is there an interface in Horde or
Courier-IMAP that a admin can add the users thru an user interface? If so how?

mysql> describe passwd ;
+-----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field           | Type             | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| id              | char(128)        |      | MUL |         |       |
| crypt           | char(128)        |      |     |         |       |
| clear           | char(128)        |      |     |         |       |
| name            | char(128)        |      |     |         |       |
| uid             | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 65534   |       |
| gid             | int(10) unsigned |      |     | 65534   |       |
| home            | char(255)        |      |     |         |       |
| maildir         | char(255)        |      |     |         |       |
| defaultdelivery | char(255)        |      |     |         |       |
| quota           | char(255)        |      |     |         |       |
+-----------------+------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

Also, I have the uid, gid of all the users the same value (the loginid of
courier under which it runs the imap). What should this value be? Currently I
have the home and maildir the same for the two users. I think this is not
correct? Could anyone please give me an example of the  "passwd" table
entries with more than 1 row?.

This is how my table entries look.
| id     | crypt |name     uid   | gid   | home             maildir

| prince | YYYYYY |Prince | 5001  |2001   |/home/imaptest/  | Maildir/ |
| vince  | XXXXXX |Vince  | 5001  |2001   |/home/imaptest/  | Maildir/ |