[horde] access problems with horde/config

jeroen at lankheet.com jeroen at lankheet.com
Thu Jan 22 01:46:26 PST 2004

Dear all,

I've just successfully installed horde and imp on my system. I'm using it right
now :-)
I have one rather big concern. If I want to keep it working, my config directory
must be completely open (777). This is quite a security risk.
Apparently, the .htaccess files are not properly processed, because I have a
Deny from all in the config/.htaccess file.

My questions are:
How to set directory permissions on config?
What is the user and group of horde?
What can be done to actually make Apache process the access files.
(I have a "AccessFileName .htaccess" in httpd.conf)

Thanks,
Jeroen.