[horde] Horde Newbie question.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 24 18:43:36 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 06:13, Anthony Headley wrote:

> After running the test.php everything looks alright except the following:
>
> *PHP Module Capabilities*
>
> DOM XML Support: No
>
> IMAP Support: No
>
> LDAP Support: No
>
> MCAL Support: No
>
> Mcrypt Support: No
>
> PostgreSQL Support: No
---
what about MySQL support?

IMAP Support: No is certain to be fatal. I am uncertain about DOM XML:
No - I have used RH stuff and it includes it by default.

When you are talking about 'shared server' does that mean that you can't
get a newly compiled version of php installed that includes IMAP and DOM
XML support?
---

> *PEAR*
>
> Mail_Mime - No
>
> You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the
> INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the package.
---
You need to install this - command line (from memory) pear install
Mail_Mime or you can download the tiny tarball from pear.php.net if your
system doesn't support that method. I would bet that horde/docs/INSTALL
also heavily suggest a few other pear updates besides Mail_Mime but it
too is a must have.
---

> Everything else has a green yes next to it. I don't think that any of those
> missing components should affect me, though please correct me if I'm wrong.
---
not a case of majority rules - some of the missing items are fatal
---
> Currently I only have access to one database that is not named horde, but I
> reconfigured and ran the mysql_create.sql script to create the needed tables
> in my database. I then configured the /config/horde.php file with my SQL
> logon and server address info in the preferences, auth and log sections of
> the config file.
---
I wouldn't rename any of the tables - probably too much to dig but you
can name the db anything you want as long as you configure it in
horde/config/horde.php and horde/imp/config/servers.php etc.

You give no information of your setup for authentication - not that it
matters since I am certain that IMAP support in PHP absolute.
---
> When I try to go to www.mydomain.com/horde, I get the login page as would be
> expected. However when I try to login (even though I don't have any user
> accounts yet) or when I click on logout I get the following error:
>

> A fatal error has occurred:
---
stands to reason - you need IMAP support - there should be a
/tmp/horde.log that has more details and obviously you would want to
check your httpd/error.log httpd/access.log for more details.

Craig