[horde] Horde Newbie question.

Anthony Headley hoss at downrighttech.com
Sat Jan 24 20:30:13 PST 2004

> > After running the test.php everything looks alright except the
> following:
> >
> > *PHP Module Capabilities*
> >
> > DOM XML Support: No
> >
> > IMAP Support: No
> >
> > LDAP Support: No
> >
> > MCAL Support: No
> >
> > Mcrypt Support: No
> >
> > PostgreSQL Support: No
> ---
> what about MySQL support?
---
Yes MySQL support is ok.
---

> IMAP Support: No is certain to be fatal. I am uncertain about DOM XML:
> No - I have used RH stuff and it includes it by default.
>
> When you are talking about 'shared server' does that mean that you can't
> get a newly compiled version of php installed that includes IMAP and DOM
> XML support?
---
Yes by shared server, I do mean I can't get a newly compiles version of PHP.
The hosting company installed PEAR and some other options for me though so
they may be willing to help me with any other items I'm missing. I thought
that you could IMAP or POP but looking at the documentation, I look to be
wrong there...
---
> ---
> >
> > *PEAR*
> >
> > Mail_Mime - No
> >
> > You do not have the Mail_Mime package installed on your system. See the
> > INSTALL file for instructions on how to install the package.
> ---
> You need to install this - command line (from memory) pear install
> Mail_Mime or you can download the tiny tarball from pear.php.net if your
> system doesn't support that method. I would bet that horde/docs/INSTALL
> also heavily suggest a few other pear updates besides Mail_Mime but it
> too is a must have.
> ---
---
I was trying to get horde working with a log file prior to getting IMP or
mail working, though I will look into Mail_Mime to see how I can install it.
---

> > Everything else has a green yes next to it. I don't think that any of
> those
> > missing components should affect me, though please correct me if I'm
> wrong.
> ---
> not a case of majority rules - some of the missing items are fatal
> ---
---
too bad it's hard to tell what is fatal
---
> > Currently I only have access to one database that is not named horde,
> but I
> > reconfigured and ran the mysql_create.sql script to create the needed
> tables
> > in my database. I then configured the /config/horde.php file with my SQL
> > logon and server address info in the preferences, auth and log sections
> of
> > the config file.
> ---
> I wouldn't rename any of the tables - probably too much to dig but you
> can name the db anything you want as long as you configure it in
> horde/config/horde.php and horde/imp/config/servers.php etc.
---
I have not renamed any tables but just included them into my DB, also since
I am only working on horde now and not IMP I do not have a
horde/imp/config/servers.php
---

> You give no information of your setup for authentication - not that it
> matters since I am certain that IMAP support in PHP absolute.
---
I have tried authentication as both none and sql but nothing works, again
just trying to get the log working so I can get more information.
---
> ---
> > When I try to go to www.mydomain.com/horde, I get the login page as
> would be
> > expected. However when I try to login (even though I don't have any user
> > accounts yet) or when I click on logout I get the following error:
> >

> > A fatal error has occurred:
> ---
> stands to reason - you need IMAP support - there should be a
> /tmp/horde.log that has more details and obviously you would want to
> check your httpd/error.log httpd/access.log for more details.
---
Since I'm on a shared server I do not have access to horde.log or the web
log directly.

I guess I may be trying to over extend my Hosting service.
---

> Craig

 Anthony