[horde] Fwd: Re: Issues with horde weatherdotcom.php

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 30 06:39:51 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from mike at farnsworth.2y.net -----
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:37:45 -0500
    From: mike at farnsworth.2y.net
 Subject: Re: Issues with horde weatherdotcom.php
      To: Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net>

Rick,

I finally tracked down the problem!

I was able to trace the issue all the way back to the
XML_Parser::setInputFile call that gets set with the url to get the
xml data from.  For some reason, the fopen call was failing.  I
thought to check the php.ini config file, and it turns out there is
an option called "allow_url_fopen".  In the gentoo php build, it's
turned OFF by default!!!! So, I turned it on, restarted apache, and
TADA!!! I've got weather!

Thanks so much for your help.  I'm thinking that if there ends up
being any documentation about this block there should be a note about
gentoo distributions and the allow_url_fopen option.

BTW, I didn't get the errors until I installed all of the optional
dependencies.  So, just keep in mind that those are also required
(SOAP and XML_Serializer).

Once again, thanks for your help.

-Mike F

----- End forwarded message -----