[horde] conflicting session management?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:49:37 PST 2004

Quoting Frank Koenen <fkoenen at feweb.net>:

> The FAQ did not help me on this question.
>
> New installation of IMP/Horde at site where Session management is
> already taking place. I have my php.ini auto_prepend_file doing session
> start up etc. I'm trying to add Horde/IMP to existing sites and it seems
> I'm fighting with session management. The result is: Every click I make
> in the IMP/Horde screens takes me back to the login. Then upon each
> login, it takes me where I had clicked in the first place.  So login is
> working. I did some diagnostics, it appears none of the Horde/IMP
> session is showing up in the session cookie file, all except:
> 'hordeMessageStacks' array.
>
> How can I get Horde/IMP to live happily in an integrated session setup?

Did you follow everything in the configuration on cookies:

// What path should we set cookies to? This should match where Horde
// is on your webserver - if it is at /horde, then this should be
// '/horde'. If Horde is installed as the document root, then this
// needs to be '/' - NOT ''.
// ** BUT, if IE will be used to access Horde modules, you should read
//    this first (discussing issues with IE's Content Advisor):
//    http://lists.horde.org/archives/imp/Week-of-Mon-20030113/029149.html
$conf['cookie']['path'] = '/horde';

michael