[horde] Newbie still needs a little help

jeroen jeroen at lankheet.com
Wed Feb 11 05:54:01 PST 2004

Dear all,

I still haven't got my horde, imp and other apps working. Info: Fedora
Core 1, Apache 2.0, Mysql 3.23, php 4.3.4, imap 2002d-3

Observations from my side:
1. The mysql tables stay empty. The mysql access log remains empty. I
have set sql as backend, but did NOT create a custom session handler.
2. My horde/test.php used to work after my first installation, but now
it returns with
    Warning: Unknown(/var/www/html/horde/test.php): failed to open
		stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

    Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/horde/test.php'
	for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on     line
0

3. My horde/imp/test.php reveals no error
4. From within my LAN i can do webmailing but from outside the LAN i get
'unable to connect to remotehost'. Session data is written but is not
reachalbe by Apache.
This happens after redirecting. One reason could be that my session data
is written to /var/www/tmp which is inaccessible for Apache, because the
webroot is /var/www/html. I don't know how to safely put this data
elsewhere. I tried to put it in /var/www/html/tmp but this did not work.

I believe that I should first resolve the session data problem.
What is the proper way to write session data?

Hope someone can help
Thanks
Jeroen Lankheet