[horde] Auth via Active Directory

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 23 22:03:10 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 22:36, mbrei-lists at carolina.rr.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Could anyone shed some light on Horde's ability to authenticate against a Win2k active directory domain?  I have 150 potential users for Horde but need to be able to have them log in with their domain account so that they're forced to change their password on a regular basis.  So far this looks like great software, but my being able to use it is now entirely dependant on auth against AD.
>
> Red Hat 8.0
> Apache 2.0.46
> PHP 4.3.2
> mysql 3.23
> Horde 2.2.4
----
I get the impression that it is most common to authenticate against the
imap server and that is what I have always done. If you can set up samba
3/kerberos/LDAP/winbind, you should be able to authenticate against your
Windows accounts but seemingly, that same criteria should be applied to
your mail server too.

Craig