[horde] Adventures in Horde HEAD

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Mon Mar 1 10:50:53 PST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:54:50 -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

>These headers are the proof.
>
>I don't know Fedora at all, sorry.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>"Regard my poor demoralized mule!" - Juan Valdez

More adventures.  I've downloaded the PHP source and installed bison and flex
so it will compile.  BUT, I've tried to compile it with the same options as
the binary download PLUS --enable-cli.

It now barfs with errors about apxs plus

checking for OpenSSL support... yes
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL's <evp.h>

It appears I have many, many more packages to install before I can get a
system capable of having a version of PHP that supports horde-head.  I think
I'm going to take a break for a couple of days.

One of the interesting things about linux is that to do any one thing, I have
to learn four new things.

Anyhow, just a suggestion that when head moves closer to release it work
better with the default Fedora installation or include detailed instructions
on how to get the right vrsion of PHP.  My 2 cents.

 -- Steve
--
   Steve