[horde] Adventures in Horde HEAD

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 1 15:24:11 PST 2004

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:50:53PM -0600, Steven Stern wrote:
>> Anyhow, just a suggestion that when head moves closer to release it work
>> better with the default Fedora installation or include detailed instructions
>> on how to get the right vrsion of PHP.  My 2 cents.
>
> I have not been following this thread from the beginning, but Fedora
> Core 1 ship with PHP 4.3.4.  Is'nt this enough to run HEAD ???

It's not the version, it is the modules installed.  Red Hat has a long
history of leaving out important modules (like mcrypt, mhash, cli-php,
etc) and splitting important stuff out into other modules (ftp, sql, etc)
while not splitting out less useful stuff...

So it is a matter of installing all the needed packages, and making
do without the missing ones.  It can be done though.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!