[horde] Horde Can't Load Admin

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Fri Mar 12 09:57:41 PST 2004

Le 12 Mars 2004 10:45, Chuck Hagenbuch a écrit :
> Quoting Josh Wilson <Josh at so-sys.com>:
> > I have recently installed horde 3.0 from cvs head and am now getting the
> > following errors with any type of login.,
> >
> > Mar 11 11:58:39 HORDE [debug] [] User  does not have READ permission
> > for horde [on line 637 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]
> >
> > It doesn't matter if it is auto, sql or anyother type of login.
> >
> > I get a user login successfull but it will lot let me go anywhere. I
> > always get kicked back to the login page.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fix this or get around it?
>
> Try setting your username as an admin in $conf['auth']['admins'] and then
> setting the permissions on Horde and other apps once you're in.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> "Regard my poor demoralized mule!" - Juan Valdez

Is there some doc on how to use permissions on applications ?

It's easy to understand how to give permissions to a shared calendar in
kronolith, but I find it hard to do for Horde.

What does "write" access means for Horde ? Does all the users need that
access ? And so on for the other applications (if I don't give write access
on Kronolith to users, will they be able to edit).

If I can understand it cleary, I'll be willing to add a doc on this in the
docs section if needed.
--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net