[horde] Seeing Admin link in horde

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 12 11:39:32 PST 2004

Quoting John Hayward <John.C.Hayward at wheaton.edu>:

> If I have in horde/config/conf.php:
> ====
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
> $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
> ====
> the user appear to be just plain user

Normal.

> while if I have horde/config/conf.php
> ====
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
> $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
> ====
> the user appears to be user at domain.name

Because you specified a "realm" value in horde/imp/config/servers.php
(if you remove the realm value, it will revert to just "user" instead
of "user at domain.name").

> Also in either case when the user logs in they start in the horde home
> page rather than (what I would like at least in the second case) imp.

That is normal, unless you take steps to prevent it.

> Should I think of users (ie when making groups) as user or
> user at domain.name?

Either, your choice, but be consistent.

> What parameter do I tweak to get users started directly in imp without
> the left side navigation?

Well, you could configure IMP as the inital application in Horde, or you
can just use the IMP url instead of the horde one in your browser, your
choice (also influenced by versions of Horde since some have bugs in
the initial application functionality).  But if you use a Horde version
that has a summary page, I'd encourage you to stick with that instead
of going directly to IMP.  But it is really up to you.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!