[horde] Logging in as Admin

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 16 15:46:07 PST 2004

Quoting John Peters <om_242 at hotmail.com>:

> I've looked everywhere and I cant find a thorough explanation of this
> concept.  In some of the projects (Rakim, Jonah), it states the following:
>
> "  You must login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the

This only applies to CVS HEAD versions.  Rakim and Jonah are CVS HEAD
applications (no release yet).

> This makes absolutely no sense to me.   I didnt even know of an
> 'Administration' screen when I (successfully) installed Horde *and*
> Kronolith.

Because you installed the release versions, which have no admin interface.

> So, I did some googling, found a few other people with this exact same
> problem,  and found snippets of what seems to be the answer.

The answer is you can't mix CVS HEAD and release versions.

> Ok, well, there is no 'conf.php' file in my horde distrobution.  I'm using
> Horde 2.2.5, downloaded directly from the web site.  No CVS version.  The
> 'stable' one.

Then you can't run Jonah or Rakim as they are CVS HEAD only.  To run them
you need CVS HEAD of horde (and everything else you  want to install).

> I did a grep on all files in the horde directory and found nothign that even
> talked about adding administrators.

Yes. See above.

> Can someone toss me a bone?

It really has been covered on the mailing list a million times, and it is
documented on the web site that you can't mix HEAD and release versions.

> I've been searching for this 'Administration'
> page, or at least some hints as to where it might be, and am comming up
> totally empty handed.

In CVS HEAD only.

> I've never used Horde before this 2.2.5 (this week) so was this Admin Panel
> in an earlier version?

No.

> Do the CVS versions of Rakim (which I've tried) and
> Jonah (again, CVS version of this) no longer work with Horde 2.2.5 since the
> docs/INSTALL state explicitly to go into the 'Administrators Panel'?

They have *NEVER* worked with Horde 2.x.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!