[horde] Re: Logging in as Admin

John Peters om_242 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 06:28:16 PST 2004

I greatly appreciate the answer to this.  After looking at the link that
chuck provided, and your explanation its all clear.

I think my initial confusion (and others?) can be fixed by simply putting
"CVS HEAD only' next to the various projects that only work for CVS HEAD
frameworks in the "Projects" page.  Thats were it starts.  I downloaded
Horde, and then started downloading projects that I assumed worked with
Horde stable.   Even on the projects page (Jonah, for example,
http://www.horde.org/jonah/) it doesnt state anywhere that it only works
with CVS HEAD framework.

Yes, I realize that there is a [CVS] link next to their names, but my
particular installation is for a production environment, and I usually stay
away from CVS releases because of that.   I assumed that the CVS was simply
an option.

Regardless, the confusion is clear, and I'm having a lot of fun with Horde
so far.  Thanks again, and sorry for bringing up a question thats been
answered a million times.

"Eric Rostetter" <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote in message
news:20040316174607.345twk4w484w0ogw at mail.ph.utexas.edu...
> Quoting John Peters <om_242 at hotmail.com>:
>
> > I've looked everywhere and I cant find a thorough explanation of this
> > concept.  In some of the projects (Rakim, Jonah), it states the
following:

> > "  You must login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
>
> This only applies to CVS HEAD versions.  Rakim and Jonah are CVS HEAD
> applications (no release yet).
>
> > This makes absolutely no sense to me.   I didnt even know of an
> > 'Administration' screen when I (successfully) installed Horde *and*
> > Kronolith.
>
> Because you installed the release versions, which have no admin interface.
>
> > So, I did some googling, found a few other people with this exact same
> > problem,  and found snippets of what seems to be the answer.
>
> The answer is you can't mix CVS HEAD and release versions.
>
> > Ok, well, there is no 'conf.php' file in my horde distrobution.  I'm
using
> > Horde 2.2.5, downloaded directly from the web site.  No CVS version.
The
> > 'stable' one.
>
> Then you can't run Jonah or Rakim as they are CVS HEAD only.  To run them
> you need CVS HEAD of horde (and everything else you  want to install).
>
> > I did a grep on all files in the horde directory and found nothign that
even
> > talked about adding administrators.
>
> Yes. See above.
>
> > Can someone toss me a bone?
>
> It really has been covered on the mailing list a million times, and it is
> documented on the web site that you can't mix HEAD and release versions.
>
> > I've been searching for this 'Administration'
> > page, or at least some hints as to where it might be, and am comming up
> > totally empty handed.
>
> In CVS HEAD only.
>
> > I've never used Horde before this 2.2.5 (this week) so was this Admin
Panel