[horde] Re: quick install of CVS Horde ....

markus freaked at gmx.at
Wed Mar 17 06:27:15 PST 2004

Andy wrote:
> For those guys asking me for my quick-and-dirty CVS-install-HOWTO (not sure if
> this is the right word for it, a HOWTO has to be more scientific) I put it
> here:
>
> https://stronzo.d2g.com/horde_cvs_english.txt
>
> I did translate it from bad and poor german to bad and poor english, so please
> don't complain.
>
> For additions/corrections/expansions you'll find an address inside the doc.
>

> Andy

Hi Andy,

thanks for your manual

I'm looking for a dirty update manual too.
Because I'm struggeling everytime I'm updating horde.

Does anyone have a small HOWTO "the best way to update horde"

Because with pear, I have to update the whole horde every time.

For example if I update IMP, it doesn't work with my pear anymore.
but I don't wan't to update all the other modules because they are in a
stable state for me.
but I can't use the new IMP with the 1 month old modules;
so I need to update all the modules;
but with this update some small bugs occur.
And sometimes I can't simple copy the conf files because they have
changed, so I need todo a "new Installation" everytime I update my horde

I'm sure some smart guys do it in a better way than I
sharing your HOWTO Update would be very welcome

thanks guys

Markus