[horde] Re: quick install of CVS Horde ....

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Wed Mar 17 07:06:31 PST 2004

Quoting markus <freaked at gmx.at>:

> Andy wrote:
>> For those guys asking me for my quick-and-dirty CVS-install-HOWTO
<cut>
>> https://stronzo.d2g.com/horde_cvs_english.txt
<cut>

> Hi Andy,
>
> thanks for your manual
>
> I'm looking for a dirty update manual too.
> Because I'm struggeling everytime I'm updating horde.
>
> Does anyone have a small HOWTO "the best way to update horde"

Sounds like a good idea.  I have an idea that all of us have
just been doing it each our own way.  I have a simple shell
script that runs in cron at 4 am everyday that does:

    o- a backup of horde
    o- a cvs -z3 update -d -P of horde and all modules
    o- an install-packages.php
    o- a pear upgrade-all
    o- emails me the results.

If I find something broken in the morning, it is trivial to
reinstall yesterday's version from the backup.  I also try
to check the files in the config directories with a script
that uses ls -ltr in the config directories after a few
sanity checks.  If there is something new, I have yet
another script wrapper for sdiff to update the files as
painlessly as possible.

I just realized that using so many scripts, sucks but as I
said in the begining it has been an evolutionary process
:-)

I look forward to hearing what other folks do.

Have a great day,

ed