[horde] CVS Head working, now LDAP and virtual domains

John R. Hillman john at ridewide.com
Tue Mar 30 08:13:56 PST 2004

OK-

The problem with CVS HEAD and autogenerating the conf.php for horde seems to
be resolved.  On to the next issue...

We are hosting multiple domains and using LDAP for our authentication and
preferences store.  The LDAP tree looks as follows:

O=internet

  |-ou=Administrators
  |  |
  |  |-cn=Manager

  |-dc=net
  |  |
  |  |-dc=domain1
  |  |  |
  |  |  |-ou=People
  |  |  |  |
  |  |  |  |-mail=user at domain1.net,ou=People,dc=domain1,dc=net,o=internet

  |-dc=com
  |  |
  |  |-dc=domain1
  |  |  |
  |  |  |-ou=People
  |  |  |  |
  |  |  |  |-mail=user at domain1.com,ou=People,dc=domain1,dc=com,o=internet

  |-dc=org
  |  |
  |  |-dc=domain1
  |  |  |
  |  |  |-ou=People
  |  |  |  |
  |  |  |  |-mail=user at domain1.org,ou=People,dc=domain1,dc=org,o=internet

  |-dc=us
  |  |
  |  |-dc=domain1
  |  |  |
  |  |  |-ou=People
  |  |  |  |
  |  |  |  |-mail=user at domain1.us,ou=People,dc=domain1,dc=us,o=internet

Horde, using Imp authentication and the LDAP Prefs configuration, seems to
want all of the users under a single Entry (say, ou=People,o=internet), but
for administrative reasons, that is not possible in our situation.

Before I go monkeying about in Imp and Horde configurations (and possibly
LDAP.php), has this setup been done before?  I did search the MARC Horde
archive, but couldn't find anything relevant.  I did not try the Imp archive
but will check that next.  What I would like to know is the best and easiest
(hopefully not mutually exclusive properties<g>) way to handle this.  If
someone can suggest which files need to be re-coded, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Regards,