[horde] Large horde installs

Joe Hamelin joe at nethead.com
Wed Apr 14 11:23:12 PDT 2004

I'm exploring the use of horde/imp/etc for a large group of Realtors
(over 10k) and would love any advice other large scale users might
have before I select the hardware and configuration of the system.

I'll be running it on FreeBSD 4.9 boxen.  I'm thinking of having one
box be the RAID fileserver (vinum) and then the mail machines
(sendmail/imapd/popd/spamassassin) and web/horde machines connecting
to the file server via NFS.

A few questions I have are:

1) what part of the system will have the most load?

2) will NFS hold up in production?

3) what other things should I worry about?

Thanks,

Joe Hamelin