[horde] New Kolab Webclient Release

Stuart Bingë s.binge at codefusion.co.za
Tue Apr 27 02:49:19 PDT 2004

Hello Jeff,

On Tuesday, 27 April 2004 03:01, Jeff Warnica wrote:
> Is there a high level overview of what changes have been made to Horde,
> and its apps? I read that it isn't quite compatible with other clients..
> Could you expand on how/why this is? Would they ignore each other, or
> would there be data loss if you try to use more then one client?

Check the link I gave in my previous post - that page contains most of the
information you're looking for. With regards to using more than one client at
a time - the Webclient is able (as far as we can tell) to read in data
objects created with the KDE Client, however it doesn't seem to work the
other way round. If you try and use the two together you'll probably end up
losing data, so I wouldn't recommend it :-)

Unfortunately Outlook mailboxes are not recognised by any of the Unix/Web
clients, as (at least when using the Toltec connecter) the data is stored in
a non-Kolab-standard format.

Basically my advice would be to use a single client exclusively for each
mailbox, at least for the moment. Like I've said interoperability is one of
our highest priorities and will most definitely be available sometime in the
future.

> Is http://kolab.org/client-features.html up to date, at least for those
> two clients?

As Jan said, unfortunately not. The Kolab website is not the easiest to
update :-)

Cheers,

--
Stuart Bingë