[horde] how to make horde connects to mysql using TCP

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Mon May 3 07:19:47 PDT 2004

Hi !

I'm using horde-2.2.4 under OpenBSD-3.5 with chrooted apache.
As so, I was wondering if it was possible to tell horde not tu use a socket to
connect to mysql but use tcp.

I have the following in my horde.conf:
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work, I get the well know error:
DB Error: connect failed
[lign 108 /horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]

netstat shows me this:
tcp        0      0  localhost.mysql        *.*                    LISTEN

So mysql is listening on tcp, it is just that horde is not contacting it using
this protocol.

Do you have any idea how to change this behaviour or howto to make horde
(php4-mysql) contact a mysql server when running inside chrooted apache ?
I don't want to use links for mysql.sock since I would have to recreate it all
the time.

Thanks in advance.

--
Antoine Jacoutot