[horde] IMAP login / Horde login problems

Dave Hirsch dhirsch at metadesign.de
Tue May 18 04:02:57 PDT 2004

Hi there,

I'd like to use the Horde IMP framework using an local IMAP backend. I
realized that the IMAP Service is using the mail folders of local users of
the linux machine I installed Horde on.

My authentication is runing with the MySQL backend also passwd is using the
MySQL backend. Now I figured out that the progress of user creation in Horde
itself just adds user in the mysql backend and does not add the users to the
etc/passwd of the local machine...

So my question is .... Do i di something really wrong there? I just wanted
to start simple, but it's gettin difficult ;-)

So please don't let stand in the rain as dummass ;-)

Greetz dave