[horde] Problem with Server name local LAN and Internet

andreas oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Tue May 18 07:25:07 PDT 2004

Hello horde-users,

I have run into a little problem with my horde installation.

Users from inside our company should access the server with
his real name (http://servername.our-local-domain/horde) on port 80.
Users from outside can only access the server with https
through our firewall. The port 443 is NAT-ed from one of our
global addresses to its real local LAN IP. To access the server
we have a special webmail DNS entry. The problem is, that when
someone connects to the server the url in the browser is
rewritten with the local LAN server name, which is obviously
not working for users outside of our local LAN. Is it possible
to have different server names/URLs for local LAN and Internet ??

thank you for your kind help

best regards

Andreas