[horde] Characterset problem

pete pkarttun at siba.fi
Mon May 24 05:38:23 PDT 2004

Hi!
Some problems withs scandinavian letters: when using Finnish language the left
navigation bar gets mixed up because the scandinavian letters are not handled
properly. I get there characters like Päivitä (i hope this comes through)
which confuse the IE totally. Netscape 7 stands this in the navbar but the
tooltips for example are mixed up all the same. I noticed that in the
horde/services/portal/menu.php, every time the $params['name'] is handled
through some function, like Horde::img(...), the letters render properly. Every
time it is echoed directly in the file it goes wrong.

I've had this problem now for a while with CVS-versions. Is this a problem with
my configuration or something else?

:pete