Fwd: Re: [horde] Having all pages delivered in utf-8

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 1 02:50:01 PDT 2004

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de
-----
    Datum: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:22:49 +0200
    Von: Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>
Antwort an: Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>
 Betreff: Re: [horde] Having all pages delivered in utf-8
      An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Jan Schneider schrieb am Donnerstag, 01. Juli 2004 um 10:57:21 +0200:
> Zitat von Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>:
>
> >I just play with horde 3.0 alpha and would like to have all pages
> >delivered in utf-8, if possible.
> >
> >I set in horde/config/nls.php the default charset to utf8, but it seems
>
> Not necessary.
>
> >that this works only for part of the languages.

ok, i set default back to iso-8859-1
but some locales have a charset associated in horde/config/nls.php.
they are delivered with this charset
all others seems to work with utf-8

btw: I checked with phpinfo that my browser requests utf-8
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET 	UTF-8,*

> >what do I have to do?
>
> Nothing. UTF-8 is used by default if your browser and your server supports
> it. We *might* make it work even if the server doesn't support UTF-8
> locales, I'm currently playing with this.
>
> Jan.

> http://horde.org/consulting.php

Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.