[horde] which calss i should use to View MIME mail in Browser?

imran khalid imranlink at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 04:39:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I had tried a lot to search for a PHP script or Class that takes MIME MAIL
string as an input and show the Email body with images , attachments links
in an html page just like hotmail mail view page shows.

For example i have a MIME MAIL file "my_html_images_attachemnts.eml", i will
pass this file data to the class / funciton of PHP and it should show me the
output just like WebMail or Hotmail Web base viewer. In other words parse
the MIME string and show the inline attachments, html, plain text of the
email in the browser page.

I had searced some PHP Email web clients tools / scripts but all takes data
from POP3,IMAP server. In my case they have to read from a MIME string not
from an SMTP server.

There is an already a calss "Mail_mimeDecode" but this only creeate an
object of the MIME mail but does not shows the output as hotmail or other
webMail clients shows. I am looking for a WebMail client script that takes
MIME mail as an input and shows me the result in Web Browser of the email
contents as hotmail/yahoo mail shows.

I have downloaded the package of horde from http://www.horde.org/ but i am
confused that this package is very large and have no example. The files/
classes this package contains for MIME are:-
horde-latest\horde-2.2.5\lib\MIME

| Part.php
| Magic.php
| Structure.php
| Viewer.php
| Message.php

\---Viewer
deb.php
rar.php
enscript.php
images.php
mspowerpoint.php
msword.php
default.php
vcard.php
rpm.php
zip.php
tgz.php
php.php
enriched.php
msexcel.php

And there is no example to use these calsses. Can u please help me which
class i should use to pass the MIME email data (string) and it return me
html generated page?

Sincerely,
Imran Khalid (PHP Web Developer)
Phone: +92 437 / 602955