[horde] Having all pages delivered in utf-8

Paul Wagland paul at kungfoocoder.org
Thu Jul 1 14:12:55 PDT 2004

On Thu 01 Jul 2004 10:57:21 CEST, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Joerg Friedrich <Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de>:
>
>> I just play with horde 3.0 alpha and would like to have all pages
>> delivered in utf-8, if possible.
>>
>> I set in horde/config/nls.php the default charset to utf8, but it seems
>
> Not necessary.

What would be nice, is if a mail comes in a code page that you are not
using (in
my case UTF-8) then it would be nice if it could be transcoded using
konwert or
some other equivalent instead of displaying the message:
---
This message was written in a character set (ISO-8859-15) other than your own.
If it is not displayed correctly, click here to open it in a new window.
---

I say this, since I sometimes receive e-mails in ISO-8859-15 that are not pure
ASCII, and so to read them properly, I do have to open the window, I would
rather that they were just shown properly on the first pass.

Cheers,
Paul