[horde] Originating IP Address

Vinny compwiz24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 4 16:02:34 PDT 2004

When I send an email from Horde, it lists the X-Originating-IP of the email
as my computer's IP. All fine and dandy, but the problem is that my home
computer is on Comcast's cable network (Dynamically Allocated).

I'm worried that my messages will be flagged as spam, since Comcast is a
notorious spam network (all those trojaned home boxes and so forth). I ran a
test message, and SpamAssassin gave a score of 3.7 for the email message,
justifying it by saying the originating IP was listed in SORBS (as a dynamic
IP, and therefore untrustworthy, not that it had actually sent any spam)

I'm wondering if there's a way to set X Originating IP to the IP of the mail
server of my website (svr.ftp1.com, it's hosted at JavaPie.net, I needed the
Servlet hosting capability). Of course, the Horde installation is also
located on this server. For example, if I send email from my comcast email
address through Comcast servers, X Originating IP is set as the Comcast mail
server, not my ip address.

Sorry if this message sounds stupid, I'm a newbie to to Horde.

Thanks so much.

-Vinny