[horde] What to do when removing user

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Tue Jul 6 14:39:57 PDT 2004

I have 2 different point of views to respond to this with.  First, thousands
of entries isn't unreasonable, but of those thousands, how many are actually
shared?  I think only shared information should be shown to be checked, and
even by application.  Ie. A checkbox for Turba and Kronolith to change
permissions rather than delete.  Other things like prefs are a moot point
and deleting them will not even have the potential to affect other users
other than the one being deleted.

If you really don't want to do this, then I would say at least one thing to
incorporate when initially developing this is to at least put an option to
"Change all <jsmith> objects to me" (or something) so that way then nothing
critical can be accidentally deleted.  The only reason why I say this is
because I can see someone deleting "jsmith" only to find out later he owned
the calendar for AR or payables or something important.

>From an admin point of view, I'd rather delete stuff than have a system
delete stuff automagically without my confirmation.

> I think we will delete everything for now, if someone comes
> up with a patch for a better solution, fine.

I think this is far too dangerous.  Take a setup where one person installed
everything, from setting up the calendars, to creating the task lists and
importing all the turba entries.  This person leaves and he gets deleted
(naturally) along with everything he did (doh!) If you really don't want to
do this, commit it but don't make it active and I'll come up with a UI to do
this?  Deleting everything automagically is just too MS for me, ie. delete
an exchange mailbox, and it deletes the NT user account!!

Regards,
Mike