[horde] Newbie lost

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Tue Jul 13 11:21:01 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:45:00 -0700, "Ryan Holowaychuk" <ryan at hgilive.com>
wrote:

>okay I have come accross this great package and was curious about a few
>things?
>
>1.I am confused as to what rpm's I should be downloading?
>2. is there install and config ducumentation anywhere for it?

There are no rpms. If you're using the "stable" versions, just download the
tar.gz files.  If the root of your web server is /var/www/html, create
/var/www/html/horde and unpack the horde files there.  The horde applications
go in their own directories therein.

Look at the FAQ on the horde site and in the "docs" directory for each
application for installation and configuration instructions.

To keep things upgradable, I put new versions (e.g., IMP-x.y) in a
version-named directory under "horde/" and use a symbolic link to name it
"imp".  That way, I can install a modified version of IMP and just change a
link to get from the old to the new (and back again, if necessary).
--
   Steve