[horde] Show Permissions

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Thu Jul 15 10:46:12 PDT 2004

I'm running HEAD btw as of June 14th for this installation (yeah kinda old),
and have a question about Perms.

Basically I have SHOW, READ, EDIT Perms for Whups, and READ for Turba for
guests, which just displays the Whups icon on the guest page.  According to
the blurb in services/portal/menu.php, SHOW is required to see the app, but
READ is required to use it.  But, Whups uses some API calls that don't work
if SHOW isn't selected.  So I guess my question is: are the permissions
hierarchal? Ie. You can't READ if you don't have SHOW, and you can't EDIT,
if you don't have SHOW and READ, etc.

Basically I want people to just see the Whups icon, but also be able to use
the Turba API's. Is this currently possible?

Regards,
Mike