[horde] child pid 74838 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Sahil Tandon sahil at hamla.org
Sat Jul 31 11:03:39 PDT 2004

I'm running FreeBSD 4.10, Horde 2.2.5, IMP 3.2.5, and PHP 4.3.8.
Although I am able to login to IMP, it takes roughly 1-2 mins
(oftentimes longer) for authentication to take place.  The subject line
shows an example of what I see in httpd-error.log upon each dragged out
(albeit successful) login.

Once in, I'm able to do almost everything smoothly, but 'compose' often
lags a bit, and results in a similar segfault line in the logs.  When
running the IMP test.php, I am able to authenticate to the server
swiftly, so I'm not sure where the root of this problem lies.  I tried
increasing the memory_limit in php.ini, along with a couple of other
suggestions on google, but all to no avail, unfortunately.

FWIW, after the segfault, and when I'm finally logged in, I also see the
following error in the same log file:

[error] PHP Notice:  (null)(): Unable to create TCP socket: Protocol not
supported (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Thanks for your help.

--
Sahil