[horde] Extending horde modules

Jeff Lindsay progrium at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:01:25 PDT 2004

I've been playing with and reading about Horde for a while and I
really love it. I'm about to start an internal project at work that
will use Horde to replace our current, proprietary, out-of-date, pos
system, which will require adding new modules and modifying current
modules.

We're going to be using CVS during development, which is something I'm
fairly new to, but look forward to working with. My question is what
do you guys think is the best way to go about setting this up?

First, what's the best way to deal with Horde community commits to
modules we'll be extending? It seems a little dangerous to be
committing our own changes to our local CVS as well as changes made by
the Horde community on that module, besides the complexity that would
seem to involve. Would this even work?

Next, I haven't yet started to use our local CVS, but I do have a
workspace where I've been playing with the HEAD releases of Horde
modules that I'd like eventually put into our repository. When I get
to that, will that be a relatively easy process?

Thanks!

--
Jeff Lindsay