[horde] Affect all user's preferences

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 09:33:22 PDT 2004

Am Dienstag, 3. August 2004 23:08 schrieb EB:
> I was careless when I first started a thread and it did not have a subject.
> Someone else has made the same mistake so we have more then one topic on
> the original thread.  So, I'll start a fresh one....
>
> Is it possible to affect all current user's preferences for theme?  I
> recently changed the theme in horde/config/prefs.php and it has changed for
> the login screen and new users.  However, existing users were not affected.
>  Is it possible to force a change on all?  If so, how?
>
> Thanks!

Well, you just have to edit the content of your preference backend.

Assuming you use mysql as pref backend, I think of a SQL command like this:

USE horde;
UPDATE horde_prefs SET pref_value='grey' WHERE pref_scope='horde' AND
pref_name='theme';

Change the names if they differ on your backend, but you get the point. Here I
want to change to theme "grey".

I suggest a mysql dump to backup the contents before trying this.

Daniel