[horde] Documentation contradiction ??

Julián Muñoz jmunoz at softhome.net
Mon Aug 16 09:13:02 PDT 2004

Hello:

There is something I don't understand in horde/docs/INSTALL :

PREREQUISITES
-------------
(...)
  2. PHP 4.1.0 or above.

     PHP is the interpreted language in which Horde is written.
     You can obtain PHP at

        http://www.php.net/

     Follow the instructions in the PHP package to build PHP
     for your system. If you use Apache, be sure to build PHP
     as a library with the

         --with-apache
     or
         --with-apxs

(...)

  3. Additional PEAR Modules
(...)

     This method requires that your PHP has been compiled as a static
     binary. If you installed PHP as a webserver module, recompile PHP
     without the module option (for Apache, without --with-apache and
     --with-apxs) and do a 'make install'.

So, must php be compiled with or without --with-apxs ???

Horde (2.2.5) is not able to find pear, even if I configure well
php.ini with include_path=/usr/local/php4/lib/php, which is where php
(4.3.8) installs it by default.

So am I am getting crazy, or as it something to do with this contradictary
comments on the documentation ???

Many thanks,

Julian