[horde] Handling public, non-authenticated pages

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Sep 14 08:49:35 PDT 2004

Quoting Steve Ivy <steve at contentconnections.com>:

> We're using Horde for a number of applications, and I've run into the
> need for certain pages to be publically accessible, without going
> through a login process. I know there's a guest user, and I've been
> able to (sort of) get it working where the page redirects to the login
> page that then redirects back to my page. I'd really like, however, to
> not have the redirect happen at all. Is there any way to remove the
> atuthentication requirement completely on a page-by-page basis?

Yes. You need to tell the Registry not to check perms for your app. If
this is a
custom app, then we of course have no idea how you're doing things, but if you
follow how things work in HEAD right now, putting:

@define('AUTH_HANDLER', true) at the top of your page (before including
base.php) will signal that your page checks permissions on its own and the
registry shouldn't bother.

> Alternatively, is there a way to explicitly create the guest auth
> credentials when the page is served, rather than redirecting to do it?

Auth::setAuth(). But sounds like you really don't *want* to authenticate.

-chuck

Quincy Adams