[horde] Horde with php 5.0.1 and mysqli

Jochen Kokemüller jochen at kokemueller.de
Thu Sep 16 03:54:55 PDT 2004

Hi all,

i've got problems installing horde on my systems. My first querstion
would be if horde supports the versions of the progs that i use. I'm
sorry but i can't find the exact info in the docu
That is:

apache 2.0.50 (with: --without-mysql --with-mysqli )
php 5.0.1
mysql 4.1.4-gamma
horde 2.2.5
chora 1.2.2

on a SuSE Linux 9.0 System

I'm especially concerned about the mysqli extension. I need it for other
packages, so i can't just switch to mysql < 4.1

When i run the horde/test.php i get the following output:
*Fatal error*: Using $this when not in object context in
*/srv/www/horde/test.php* on line *76
*when i then delete the $this pointers, the test.php script runs but
without any output.

When i just run horde/ or horde/chora/ i get the output:
*Fatal error*: Call to undefined function _() in
*/srv/www/horde/config/registry.php* on line *91
*but i didn't change anything in that file.

Thanks,
Jochen