[horde] [horde-2.2.6-RC2] authentication via IMP?

Andreas Haumer andreas at xss.co.at
Sat Sep 25 06:57:30 PDT 2004

Hi!

I was running horde-2.2.3 with imp-3.2.1 for quite some
time now without problems and now want to upgrade to
horde-2.2.6-RC2 with imp-3.2.6

I want to use the "IMP authentication feature" to have a
single login to horde/imp

According to the docs, I have this configured using the
"auth" parameters in both the old as well as the new
installation as follows:

in horde/config/horde.php:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = '';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();

in horde/config/registry.php I have:

$this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
$this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

As I said, this provides a single login for the old
(horde-2.2.3/imp-3.2.1) system, but it doesn't seem
to work with the new horde-2.2.6-rc2/imp-3.2.6 installation:
Here I have to log in both to horde as well as into imp
providing a username/password. This of yourse is not what
I want.

The comments in both config files do not talk about any
change in behaviour regarding the "IMP authentication feature",
so I'm wondering what might cause the problem?
I do not find any error message in the horde logfile and
horde/imp seems to work fine (except the double login problem,
of course)

I found some recent mails discussing similar problems. In this
mails, people are describing configuration settings like

[...]
 $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';
 $conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
[...]

(See thread with subject "ticket #367 - auth-admins doesn't
work when authenticating via application>imp", a few weeks
ago)

I tried to change my configuration accordingly, but this
does not work at all and gives PHP error messages. The
horde documentation also does not mention this way to
configure IMP authentication. Which version of horde
is required to do it like this??

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Regards

- - andreas

- --
Andreas Haumer                     | mailto:andreas at xss.co.at
*x Software + Systeme              | http://www.xss.co.at/
Karmarschgasse 51/2/20             | Tel: +43-1-6060114-0
A-1100 Vienna, Austria             | Fax: +43-1-6060114-71