[horde] Undefined class name 'pear'

Lee Geering lg at heathfieldcc.e-sussex.sch.uk
Thu Oct 21 03:23:29 PDT 2004

Hey all,

First off sorry if I'm posting to the wrong list I think I've got the
right one but let me know if I haven't!

I have managed to install horde + framework from CVS used the snapshot
from 11/10/04.  The test page looks good, and when I go to the site I do
get a welcome page.  When I click Configuration then click horde (I
assume this is what I do as it says "No versions found in your
configuration. Regenerate Configuration") i get the following error:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'pear'
in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde3/admin/setup/config.php on line 26

pear is installed and all the modules show up ok on the test page.  One
thing which might be of interest is that I have horde in the directory
horde3 instead of horde.  This is because I have an existing setup of
horde 2.x which I want to preserve until i get this version working.
I'm using PHP 4.3.8 and Apache 2.0.50 and PHP is compiled as a module.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee