[horde] New install fails in multiple ways - particularly class pear and IMAP

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Thu Nov 18 01:31:15 PST 2004

I seem to be having a lot of trouble getting a clean install of the latest
Horde going.  I've installed Horde + Kronolith + Gollem + Mnemo + Turba +
Trean.

A lot of the time I'm getting 'Undefined class name 'pear' messages from
just about any application.  What causes this?

IMAP authentication seems to fail because it always tries to use SSL and
the novalidate cert option seems not to do anything.  I'm running Cyrus
IMAP.

I also found the PHP APC accelerator threw lot of out of shared memory
errors so I disabled that.

I ran into real problems with an earlier version of Horde and gave up on
it.  I like the web based install but too many things seem just not to
work.  I've run all the tests and the php install is OK.  I'd accept that
not all the PEAR stuff may be up to date.

  Iain