[horde] Themes, defaults and availability

mbydalek at mobilemini.com mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Fri Nov 19 06:25:53 PST 2004

> Quoting Mike Bydalek <mbydalek at mobilemini.com>:
>> This is starting to wear on me, but I think I'm making progress.  One of
>> the things I noticed that I just wanted to toss out to see what your
>> thought process was, is regarding the Form Renderer.  The thing that
>> strikes me as odd is that there is not <input type="hidden" ...> if you
>> do an addHidden()
> That is not generally the case. There may be a bug, but I haven't had
> time to go digging yet. If you could provide a simple standalone form to
reproduce the
> problem that'd help in having the time to troubleshoot it.

Alright, this is something I can easily do.  I'll get that to you when I get
some time to put together the most basic form of forms which demonstrates
the problem.

>> because there is no Horde_Form_Type_hidden, just like
>> there is for _text, _enum etc.  To be consistent and make life easy,
>> shouldn't there be a Horde_Form_Type_hidden?  Then all the references to
>> the checks for $this->_hiddenVariables can be eliminated.
> It makes some amount of sense to me, but we've already frozen the API
> for Horde 3.0. So bugfixes will happen, but this won't.

That's good to hear as some is better than none ;)  The one thing that I'm
wondering about is that I don't see how this would affect the API -
externally,
people would still use it the exact same way, but internally things would
change a little.  I'm not 100% sure on what your definition of 'frozen API'
is
as mine is external API, so sorry for suggesting this it breaks that
definition.

Regards,
Mike