[horde] Form & Variable Classes - Hidden Variables

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at mobilemini.com
Mon Nov 22 09:33:35 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting mbydalek at mobilemini.com:
>
>> Anyways, here's a sample form that demonstrates what I am experiencing.
>> You'll notice that after submitting the form, the value of
>> 'hiddenval' is no
>> where to be found, yet the Variables class knows it exists.
>

> Only because setDefault doesn't work on hidden variables. Set it in
> the $vars
> object and it works just fine.

Alright, that's exactly what my "workaround" did, but rather than
calling it from the form, I called it directly in the Form class.  What
I don't get is that addHidden() returns a Horde_Form_Variable, so why
doesn't getDefault() work then?  Should I create a bug just to have this
on record?

Also, would you still be interested in adding a
Horde_Form_Variable_hidden class?  If so, I can create some patches to
have it for whenever you'd like to implement it.

Thanks,
Mike