[horde] https problem - adds in :80

Jesse Reynolds lizst at va.com.au
Mon Nov 29 14:43:34 PST 2004

At 16:08 -0400 29/11/04, Jeff Warnica wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-30-11 at 06:42 +1100, Jesse Reynolds wrote:
>>  t to an empty string, and this appears
>>  to be working, ie:
>>
>>       //'server_port' => $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']
>>       'server_port' => ''
>

>Without testing it, Ill point out that an empty string is not the same
>thing as an undefined string. Try commenting it out completely.

I've tried that, it makes no difference. You end up with a colon ":"
with no port specified either way.

I've had to go back to how it was, ie using the SERVER_PORT
environment variable, and turning off HTTPS support completely,
because having a : but no port specified seems to break Internet
Explorer on Mac, which a number of my clients use and have been
complaining very loudly about.

So, is there another solution? If I was to attempt to disable the bit
of code that is putting the port number in, I think this would fix it.

Thanks

Jesse

--

   ::: Jesse Reynolds +61 (0)414 669 790 ::: AIM - jessedreynolds :::
   ::: Virtual Artists Pty Ltd, Adelaide ::: http://www.va.com.au :::