[horde] https problem - adds in :80

Jesse Reynolds lizst at va.com.au
Tue Nov 30 03:14:33 PST 2004

At 10:21 +0100 30/11/04, Jan Schneider wrote:
>Zitat von Jesse Reynolds <lizst at va.com.au>:

>>>Without testing it, Ill point out that an empty string is not the same
>>>thing as an undefined string. Try commenting it out completely.
>>
>>I've tried that, it makes no difference. You end up with a colon ":"
>>with no port specified either way.
>>
>>I've had to go back to how it was, ie using the SERVER_PORT
>>environment variable, and turning off HTTPS support completely,
>>because having a : but no port specified seems to break Internet
>>Explorer on Mac, which a number of my clients use and have been
>>complaining very loudly about.
>>
>>So, is there another solution? If I was to attempt to disable the bit
>>of code that is putting the port number in, I think this would fix it.
>
>The problem seems to be that SERVER_PORT does not contain the correct port
>number, which is strange. Try to locate the environment variable that
>*does* contain the correct value and use that.

SERVER_PORT just contains "80". This is the main port configured in
Apache 1.3. However, it also listens on port 443 for SSL requests.

So I need to support either port 80 for http, or port 443 for https,
depending on what the user chooses when they log in.

how can I support both http and https with Horde?

Is SERVER_PORT supposed to change to "443" when a user is connecting
with this port? Because it doesn't.

I'm using Apache 1.3.27 on FreeBSD.

Cheers

Jesse

--

   ::: Jesse Reynolds +61 (0)414 669 790 ::: AIM - jessedreynolds :::
   ::: Virtual Artists Pty Ltd, Adelaide ::: http://www.va.com.au :::