[horde] Tracing webmail activity

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 7 05:30:35 PST 2004

Zitat von Mr Urquhardt <urquhardt7 at yahoo.com>:

> Running Horde IMP (webmail client), version 3 at a small ISP.
> I need to know what kind of logging is enabled by default for user
> activity.
>
> Scenarios:
> 1. User logs in and accesses an account from "out there" on the
> internet. Does IMP/Horde log access times, IP addresses and
> individual activity (mails accessed, attachments downloaded etc) in
> that session?

It depends how you configured the log backend in Horde, i.e. what log level
you selected. Accessing mails and attachments doesn't get logged though.

> 2. With default settings, is there a period after which such
> information "falls off" and is deleted?

No. At least not from Horde.

> 3. If logging occurs, how do I answer the question of a particular
> user who wants to investigate a potential breach and get information
> of when/where/what was accessed.

Depends on what you log. You probably will only be able to cross-check the
IPs that have been used for this user name and compare them with the IPs
the "real" user actually has.

> 4. Where (broadly) do I find the settings for customising logging
> features (if any)?

horde/config/horde.php.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/