[horde] apache problems with horde 3 RC3 OpenBSD

raphael mazelier raf at ztrip.ath.cx
Mon Dec 13 09:56:23 PST 2004

Hello; I'm a new one here, and I want to report what I experiment last
night.

I'm running Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) PHP/4.3.8 mod_ssl/2.8.16 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
on OpenBSD 3.6 release.
I use Horde 3.0 RC3 and Imp 4.0rc3.
Apache was chrooted in /var/www, which is the default on OpenBSD.

During my test, I find that the 'Imap_Tree bug' will segfault my apache
child every time, so I 'm not able
to view the left bar. Also the 'folders' options in IMP don't work as well.
So I'm quite sure it's related with the 'Imap_Tree bug'.

But when I run apache normally; ie : non chrooted; everything work well
both the left bar, and the folders in IMP.
Very strange no ?

It's a blocking point for me because I don't want to make compromise
with security;
but Imp_folders in the left bar is a cool feature. For now I'm running
with this commented in registry.conf.

raf