[horde] Serious IE Rendering Problems

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 13 11:38:17 PST 2004

Quoting Matthew Bradford <mbradford at bahaigear.com>:

> The CVS snapshots of Horde (and the RC releases) seem to have serious issues
> when being rendered on IE.  There are really too many to list, but
> they seem to center around image management in the app.  For instance
> when you collapse the side menu the side menu icon gets warped, etc.
> Sometimes icons come up much larger than they should (in IMP) and
> there are many times when images don't line up correctly.  These
> issues don't happen in Mozilla or Firefox, they have their own
> issues.  Anyway, it seems like IE stupidness... but seeing as how IE
> still does control the vast majority of the market (though I wish
> they didn't)... it might be a good idea to be compatible with it. :-)

Thanks for this oh-so-productive input. I really can't address any of
the vague,
no way to track in a useful way things you alluded to, so I'll just say that
turning off alpha transparency (in your preferences) will probably solve most
of this. Though as one confused bug reporter noted, turning off alpha
transparency does, shockingly, result in a few images NOT BEING TRANSPARENT!

> Also, Firefox tends to render certain email lists (mailbox view)
> oddly.  Every once in awhile it won't keep the messages in a table
> format.

Known gecko bug, read the numerous posts about it.

> Are you guys now using CSS to do everything now instead of tables?

No. View Source could have told you that, of course.

-chuck

Quincy Adams