[horde] apache problems with horde 3 RC3 OpenBSD

raphael mazelier raf at ztrip.ath.cx
Tue Dec 14 11:41:03 PST 2004

I reply to myself again  :)

The fact is that the function 'imap_lsub'  doesn't work at all in my
chrooted apache  ?!
Replacing this call by an 'imap_list' call instead, and the left tree
works now correctly !
In fact in made two change for fixing folders.php also :

In 'lib/Horde/IMAP/Tree.php'

function _initSubscribed() {
-            //$sublist = @imap_lsub($this->_getStream(),
$this->_server, $this->_prefix . '*');
+            $sublist = @imap_list($this->_getStream(), $this->_server,
$this->_prefix . '*');

and in 'imp/lib/Folder.php'

/* Figure out which list command to use. */
-        //$listcmd = ($sub) ? 'imap_lsub' : 'imap_list';
+        $listcmd =  'imap_list';

---

This is not a fix because these two functions does not do the same
things, I agree.
But in my Mailbox, all the subfolders are always registered, so I don't
see the difference.
Anyway, this is not the 'Horde' nor the 'Imp' fault.
It's clearly a bug in the PHP Imap module.

Also, I have another with IE. Horde don't work at all, crashing apache
anytime, and I haven't the time
to see anything.
But for me, there are two disctincts bugs.
Moreover the result is different in the two cases :

1 with the 'lsub chroot' bug I had =>  [Tue Dec 14 18:15:31 2004]
[notice] child pid 32361 exit signal Abort (6)
2 with I try  IE  I have :  => [Tue Dec 14 19:54:46 2004] [notice] child
pid 7466 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

in my apache error log....

Hard work to come.

raf