[horde] Re: DataTree Errors with MS SQL Server

Alexander Maier Alexander.S.Maier at gmx.de
Wed Dec 15 06:43:10 PST 2004

Hi

I tried to examine the problem. There are different things written to the
database. I started with completely clean databases - one mysql and one mssql
server. I set up the databases horde_* with the create.mysql.sql (with the
modifications for the mssql I described in the earlier posting (LONGTEXT to
TEXT, BLOBs to IMAGEs...) Then I started with the page groups in horde.
All I did was clicking on the people icon on the right of "all groups". Then I
created a new Group named "Developer". There I stopped for this test as after
the next step "save group" horde will fail. I examined the databases and there
are major differences.

First: The database horde_datatree_seq which was automatically created by horde
has a field "vapor" in MSSQL which is not there in mysql.

Second: The database horde_datatree_seq has 5 entries in MSSQL (sequentially 1
to 5) with a "vapor" entry of 0 while the mysql has only one entry: id=4

Third: In the database horde_datatree of MSSQL are 5 entries and in the mysql
only 4. And here is the difference I think makes the problem of not finding the
parent: in the 4th entry there is a parent ":5" where in the mysql there is a ":3".

I don't know why the databases differ, but group configuration does not work
with mssql (at least for me ;)

Greets, Alex.

and for detailed information there is the database-content of the three
horde_datatree* tables (also as attachment for better reading):

horde_datatree_attributes
+-------------+----------------+---------------+-----------------+
| datatree_id | attribute_name | attribute_key | attribute_value |
+-------------+----------------+---------------+-----------------+

mysql
|           1 | email          |               | NULL            |
|           2 | 0              | action        | add             |
|           2 | 0              | who           | Administrator   |
|           2 | 0              | ts            | 1103119262      |
+-------------+----------------+---------------+-----------------+

MSSQL
+-------------+----------------+---------------+-----------------+
|           1 | email		    |               | NULL            |
|           2 | 0              | action        | add             |
|	         2 | 0              | who           | Administrator   |
|           2 | 0              | ts            | 1103119584      |

horde_datatree

+-------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+------------------+----------------+---------------+---------------------+------------------+
| datatree_id | group_uid     | user_uid      | datatree_name |
datatree_parents | datatree_order | datatree_data | datatree_serialized |
datatree_updated |
+-------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+------------------+----------------+---------------+---------------------+------------------+

mysql
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|           1 | horde.groups  | Administrator | Developer     |
   |           NULL | NULL          |                   0 |   20041215150102 |
|           2 | horde.history | Administrator | 1             | :3:4
   |           NULL | NULL          |                   0 |   20041215150102 |
|           3 | horde.history | Administrator | horde         |
   |           NULL |               |                   0 |   20041215150102 |
|           4 | horde.history | Administrator | group         | :3
   |           NULL |               |                   0 |   20041215150102 |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

MSSQL
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|           1 | horde.groups  | Administrator | Developer     |
   |           NULL | NULL          |                   0 | <Binary>         |
|           2 | horde.history | Administrator | 1             | :3:4
   |           NULL | NULL          |                   0 | <Binary>         |
|           3 | horde.history | Administrator | horde         |
   |           NULL |               |                   0 | <Binary>         |
|           4 | horde.history | Administrator | group         | :5
   |           NULL |               |                   0 | <Binary>         |
|           5 | horde.history | Administrator | horde         |
   |           NULL |               |                   0 | <Binary>         |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

horde_datatree_seq

mysql
+----+