[horde] horde user can't update horde_datatree_seq

Peter Wood peter.r.wood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 17:50:32 PST 2004

Greetings,

I've just installed Horde 3, and I'm having some trouble with the
Horde DataTree, using the MySQL driver. The horde user does have
select,insert,update,delete,create,and drop privileges on my horde
database (which I've named horde3 so that I can run it concurrently
with the older horde. I understand that Pear DB is supposed to
automatically create tables ending in _seq to emulate sequences, and
from what I can tell, the horde user should be able to do that in my
database. However, when I do anything that uses the datatree, I see
this error in my horde log:

Dec 23 20:23:17 HORDE [error] [nag] DB Error: unknown error: UPDATE
horde_datatree_seq SET id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1) [nativecode=1142 **
update command denied to user: 'horde at localhost' for table
'horde_datatree_seq'] [on line 334 of
"/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

This error makes it seem like the horde user doesn't have the
permission to update horde_datatree_seq. But, since I don't actually
create that table manually, it would seem that it's the horde user's
responsibility to create it and to grant itself the priviledges for
that table. But for some reason that's not happening. I thought that
perhaps the horde user would also need the grant permission, so I
updated the db table in mysql to give the horde user this ability.
Still get the same error.

Any suggestions on where I should go from here?

Specs are:
MySQL 3.23.58
PHP 4.3.10
Apache 2.0.35