[horde] horde user can't update horde_datatree_seq

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 23 17:56:44 PST 2004

Quoting Peter Wood <peter.r.wood at gmail.com>:

> I've just installed Horde 3, and I'm having some trouble with the
> Horde DataTree, using the MySQL driver. The horde user does have
> select,insert,update,delete,create,and drop privileges on my horde
> database (which I've named horde3 so that I can run it concurrently
> with the older horde. I understand that Pear DB is supposed to
> automatically create tables ending in _seq to emulate sequences, and
> from what I can tell, the horde user should be able to do that in my
> database. However, when I do anything that uses the datatree, I see
> this error in my horde log:
>
> Dec 23 20:23:17 HORDE [error] [nag] DB Error: unknown error: UPDATE
> horde_datatree_seq SET id=LAST_INSERT_ID(id+1) [nativecode=1142 **
> update command denied to user: 'horde at localhost' for table
> 'horde_datatree_seq'] [on line 334 of
> "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]
>
> This error makes it seem like the horde user doesn't have the
> permission to update horde_datatree_seq. But, since I don't actually
> create that table manually, it would seem that it's the horde user's
> responsibility to create it and to grant itself the priviledges for
> that table. But for some reason that's not happening. I thought that
> perhaps the horde user would also need the grant permission, so I
> updated the db table in mysql to give the horde user this ability.
> Still get the same error.

Well that won't help now since the table is already created. Horde can't do
anything about this, btw; if there's a bug, it's in PEAR DB. It sounds like,
though, however you have permissions set up, the horde user doesn't
necessarily
have permissions for tables that are created after you did your initial
grants.

Why don't you just try granting update on horde_datatree_seq to horde?

-chuck

Quincy Adams